Although the spring season is historically the most common time to buy a home, fall may be gaining in popularity. Here are the top five reasons to consider purchasing your new home before winter.
1. There’s Less Competition. Many people consider fall to be the off-season of real estate, but there’s typically just as much inventory available as during the spring and summer. You also won’t have to deal with competition from home buyers trying to get moved in over the summer before school starts.
2. You Can Take Advantage of Tax Breaks. Property tax and mortgage interest are deductions you can take for your whole year's worth of income, even if you close later in the year. This can make a big difference in the amount you may owe in taxes. (Always consult a tax professional for your unique circumstances.)
3. Move In Before the Holidays. If you don’t want to spend another holiday season in your cramped apartment, you’re not alone. Fall is the perfect time to move into your new home and get settled before the holidays.
4. The Weather is Better. No one wants to move during the heat of a Texas summer. Packing and unpacking a moving truck in the fall when the weather is cooler is just more comfortable.
5. Shop End of Year Sales. Furnishing a home can get expensive! Many big-ticket items like furniture, appliances, mattresses, and yard equipment are on end-of-year sales, making it the perfect time to make these bigger purchases.
If you’re planning to purchase a new home this fall, Ameritex Homes builds energy-efficient new homes throughout Texas. Click here to see the currently available homes or reach out to our sales team at 469-208-1846 for more information.